Policies and Restrictions
Event Policies & Restrictions
For all barn weddings and events, a Badger Farms’ representative will be on-site during the entire event to assist with parking, vendors, lighting, sound, trash can maintenance, and other unforeseen event details.
Your deposit is your cancellation fee unless we are able to rebook the reserved date, in which case it will be refunded.
Time restrictions are at the discretion of Badger Farms, LLC owners during your private event.
11:00 pm – Last call for alcohol
11:30 pm – Music termination
12:00 am (midnight) – Vacate Premises
You are required to use a full-time, licensed caterer of your choice. Caterers will not be charged
an additional fee by Badger Farms. They are permitted to grill on site, with their equipment, with
the exact location to be weather dependent at the time due to wind. Please visit our Catering page for more information on recommended caterers.
You are permitted to serve, but not sell, alcohol on the premises and must contract directly with
the bartender we have set up to provide bartending services. No alcohol may be served during
the event unless a licensed and insured bartender is on site. Server costs are: 1)$35 per hour
per bartender, 2) $2.00 per person coordination and set-up of all necessary beverage items and
equipment fee, and 3)server(s) will have tip jar(s) placed for guests to use. (For budgeting
purposes, the average cost of the bar bill is usually between $10 and $12 per person,
depending on the type and quality of the liquor served.) If you book your wedding with Badger
Farms, you are automatically booked with the bartender we have set up for the bartending
service. You can contact the bartender, Kristine, of “Bucky’s Services, L.L.C.” with your
bartending questions at 608-239-0236 or www.buckysservices.com/contact-us
Any installed sound or lighting equipment or furniture in either space is available for your use at
no additional charge. Most things you do not want to use in the space may be removed under
your own volition upon approval by a Badger Farms’ representative, and placed in the house
garage, but MUST be returned to their original state that day or the day after your event.
Set Up/Tear Down Time
- Clients may access the space on an agreed upon time, usually the day before the wedding/event but dependent on availability.
- It is the client’s responsibility to return the site to its original state (i.e. how you found it). Badger Farms, LLC will take care of all trash removal and floor cleaning.
The Barn & The Shop Policies
- For everyone’s safety, glassware is not allowed in The Barn after dinner. While dancing, no beverages are allowed on the dance floor. Enforcement of this will be monitored by Badger Farms’ staff.
- Bands and DJ’s must be set up on the Barn’s first deck, not on the dance floor.
- Smoking is only permitted on the cement drive leading up to The Barn. It is NOT permitted in The Barn, in The Shop, on the outside deck off The Barn, or anywhere else on the premises. Badger Farms’ staff will enforce this restriction with your guests.
- Battery operated candles are allowed in The Shop. Unity candles used during a wedding are allowed in the Barn, but must be extinguished immediately after the ceremony.
- Badger Farms, LLC is not responsible for inclement weather, lost or stolen items, or other circumstances beyond our control.
- The client is responsible for any and all damage to The Barn, The Shop, and Badger Farms, LLC property during their wedding reception, meeting, or event.
- Your event is going to occur on an operating farm. Unforeseen events or circumstances may happen, and if they do, we will do everything we can reasonably do to accommodate you and your guests for your big day.