Event Policies & Restrictions
For all weddings and events, a Badger Farms' representative will be on-site during the entire event to assist with parking, vendors, lighting, sound, trash can maintenance, and other unforeseen event details.
50% of your deposit is your cancellation fee unless we are able to rebook for the reserved date.
Time restrictions are at the discretion of Badger Farms, LLC owners during your private event. At 10:30pm the west and south-facing windows and doors to The Barn will be closed to limit noise travel.
11:30pm - Music termination
12:00am (midnight) - Vacate Premises
You are permitted to use a full-time, licensed caterer of your choice. Caterers will not be charged an additional fee by Badger Farms. They are permitted to grill on-site, with their equipment, with the exact location to be weather dependent at the time due to wind. Please visit our Catering page for more information on recommended caterers.
As a private event venue, Badger Farms, LLC is not licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. You are permitted to serve, but not sell, alcohol on the premises, and must contract with Cathy Harrison, LLC to provide server services. Please visit our Bartender (Cathy Harrison) page for more information on serving alcohol. No alcohol may be served during the reception unless a licensed and insured bartender is on-site. The bartending costs are $25 per serve hour per bartender and $1.50 per person set-up fee, which compensates the server to shop and purchase all necessary beverage items at your cost. Clients are responsible for any and all consequences of alcohol consumption. Badger Farms, LLC, its owners and personnel, is exempt of any and all liabilities that may result from the serving of alcoholic beverages.
At Badger Farms, LLC, any existing sound or lighting equipment or furniture in either space is available for your use at no additional charge. This includes 85 rustic folding chairs. Most things you do not want to use in the space may be removed under your own volition and placed in the house garage and then returned to their original state that day or the day after your event. Additional sound systems may be rented for $100 for the speakers, amplifier, and CD player, or $200 including our wireless microphones. These systems are available for outside use during the ceremony or inside use for extremely loud music, and the fees include set-up, assistance in operation, and dismantling thereof. Please visit our Audio Visual page for more information on the existing sound and lighting and what available for an additional fee. Also, visit our Event Supply Rentals page for additional seating rentals.
Set Up/Tear Down Time
* Clients may access the space on an agreed upon time, usually the day before the wedding/event, but dependent on availability.
* It is the client's responsibility to return the site to its original state (i.e. how you found it). Badger Farms, LLC will take care of all trash removal and floor cleaning.
The Barn & The Shop Policies
* For everyone's safety, glassware is not allowed in The Barn after after dinner. While dancing, no beverages are allowed on the dance floor. Enforcement of this will be monitored by Badger Farms' staff.
* Smoking is only permitted on the cement drive leading up to The Barn. It is NOT permitted in The Barn, in The Shop, on the outside deck off The Barn, or anywhere else on the premises. Badger Farms' staff will enforce this restriction with your guests.
* Open flamed, real candles are allowed in The Shop but NOT in The Barn, unless it is part of a unity candle lighting ceremony during the wedding, which must be extinguished immediately after the ceremony.
* Badger Farms, LLC is not responsible for inclement weather, lost or stolen items, or other circumstances beyond our control.
* The client is responsible for any and all damage of The Barn, The Shop, and Badger Farms, LLC property during their wedding reception, meeting, or event.
* Your event is going to occur on an operating farm. Unforeseen events or circumstances may happen, and if they do, we will do everything we can reasonably do to accommodate you and your guests for your big day.
* Within one week of your site visit, if another party is interested in the date(s) you are considering, a Badger Farms' member or representative will attempt to notify you using the phone numbers provided on the contact form. After one week, the first party to pay the deposit secures the date(s). The deposit is half of The Barn building rental fee and holds The Barn, The Shop, the seating, and the place settings for you.